Review and edit your information, add a photo, upload your presentation, and select your complimentary sessions by logging into the Speaker Portal as soon as possible. This will ensure that your information is correct and you receive all correspondence regarding event.
Presentation - Due March 17, 2017
Please upload presentation to the Speaker Portal by March 17, 2017. Note: These presentations will be made public; please treat proprietary information accordingly. Title your presentation as the Session ID followed by your first initial and last name. (i.e. T10JSmith).
We ask that panelists collaborate in advance and submit a single presentation for each workshop as opposed to a series of independent presentations.
AV Requirements - Due March 17, 2017
All meeting rooms will be equipped with a data projector, screen,microphone and a standing podium, if you are speaking on a panel, one table microphone for two panelists. Please let us know if you have any specific preferences or if you'll need additional AV by March 17, 2017.
Additional AV or internet service must be made through the Speaker Portal. You must bring your laptop and slides on a flash drive. Arrive 15-20 minutes prior to your session to assure your presentation runs smoothly.
Speakers will receive a final logistics email message approximately 7 days prior to the event, including your workshop room assignment. Room sizes range from approximately 15-220 people each.
Complimentary Full Workshop Package - Due March 17, 2017
As a thank you for sharing your professional expertise, you will receive a Complimentary Full Workshop Package to MED|Ed. (Does not include co-located and/or special events.) We want your experience at the conference to be both rewarding and interesting. Login to your speaker portal by March 17, 2017 to select your sessions.
As a speaker, you may extend to your colleagues a discount giving them 15% off their registration. Simply log into your Speaker Portal to get your discount code. Colleagues can use the code when they register online at https://meded.eventhq.io/login
Exhibiting, Advertising and Sponsorship Opportunities
If your firm has products and services of interest to our audience, contact me to become a sponsor, reserve a booth or place an advertisement in the show program or on our website.
Seaport Boston Hotel Reservations - Discount by March 17, 2017
Book your hotel reservations by March 17, 2017 to enjoy significant event savings. Please indicate your group affiliation, MED|Ed Facilities, when making reservations to receive the special rate.
Rates: Single or Double $309.00
Deadline: March 17, 2017
Call: 1-877-SEAPORT (732-7678) to make your reservation
Presentation Guidelines and Suggestions
- The recommended format for your presentation is a 16:9 ratio.
- All presentations must be educational in nature and not be used to promote products or services.
- Create slides to highlight the presentation, not duplicate exactly what will be said.
- Include the 5 required slides listed below.
- Any additional handouts (i.e. case studies, journal articles, etc.) are the speaker's responsibility to print and distribute to workshop participants.
- We recommend that you include your contact information on the last slide of your presentation attendees may contact you with follow-up questions.
- Rehearse your presentation. The Speaker Ready Room is available for this purpose.
- Use a large font size - remember, those sitting in the back of the room should be able to read your slide.
- Be consistent in presenting information in an organized, logical manner.
Please include the 5 AIA CES required slides in your presentation in the order listed below.
- Session Title Slide - REQUIRED This should be the first slide of your program. You can add your logo if desired.
- Best Practice Slide - REQUIRED Include this after the title slide of your program.
- Copyright Slide - OPTIONAL Add it after the Continuing Education/Best Practice slide.
- Course Description Slide - REQUIRED Include this after the Best Practice slide or the Copyright slide (if used).
- Learning Objective Slide - REQUIRED Include this after the Course Description slide.
- Conclusions/Question/Thank you Slide - REQUIRED This should be the last slide of your program. You can add your logo if desired.
Sample of MED|Ed 2017 required slides - download
Learn how to properly write a basic learning objective. http://www.aia.org/education/providers/AIAS076145
Hotel and Travel Information
The Seaport Hotel is the accommodation of choice for all event attendees. Hotels in Boston typically sell out quickly in the spring. The discounted rate for MED|Ed Facilities Boston is $309 (single/double) plus tax. This rate is available on a first-come, first-served, space available basis and expires on March 17, 2017. Please book your room soon to take advantage of these savings!
To book your room click Seaport Boston Reservations or call 1-877-SEAPORT (732-7678) and you must mention MED|Ed Facilities Boston to receive the discount rate.
The MBTA Silver Line Waterfront (SL1) provides service from the WTC Station to Logan International Airport terminals every 10 minutes during the weekday and every 15 minutes during the weekend. The Silver Line station is located adjacent to the hotel.
For more information on the subway, commuter rail or bus routes please go to www.mbta.com.
In heart of the Seaport District on Boston Harbor, the Seaport Place Parking Garage provides the neighborhood’s best and easiest enclosed parking. Click here for a directions and a printable map for the Seaport Place Parking Garage.